X-Forces Terms of Business & Notices
X-Forces Enterprise is a Delivery Partner for the Start-Up Loans Scheme, as such our terms of business in relation to business support, advice and mentoring in relation to the provision of a Start-Up Loan can be found here.
‘X-Forces ®’, ‘XF’, ‘X-Forces Police’, ‘XF-P’, ‘X-Forces Emergency Services’ or ‘XF-Emergency’ refer to X-Forces (XF) CIC (company number 08034041). Registered Office: Mountbarrow House, Elizabeth St, London, SW1W 9RB.
X-Forces (XF) CIC is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority [for Credit Brokerage Services] under the Permission Number: 734117.
In arranging finance for your start-up business we act as a credit broker. Our service includes: advising you on your business start-up, mentoring and applying for loan funding on your behalf, within the Start Up Loans scheme.
We offer access to personal unsecured loans for business purposes at an APR fixed at 6.2%. These loans take into account your affordability, business viability and circumstances – subject to status. Loans are from £500 to £25000 per person and will be issued on our behalf by The Enterprise Fund Limited T/A Business Finance Solutions.
We do not charge loan recipients for our support and receive an administrative fee from the Start Up Loans Company to deliver our service. This fee is not contingent upon loan amount or percentage.
It is our intention to provide you with a high level of customer service at all times. If there are occasions when we do not meet your standards please contact the advisor responsible either verbally or in writing, who will take details of your concerns and promptly provide you with a copy of our complaints procedure.
Who is responsible for your personal data?
We are responsible for your personal data and will comply with the Data Protection Act 1998 (“DPA”) in respect of your personal data.
X-Forces (“we” “us”, “our”) may appoint certain other service providers to process your personal data on our behalf in connection with the services we provide. Your data may be shared with SULCo and our finance partner, The Enterprise Fund Limited t/a Business Finance Solutions.
In some cases, we may also appoint an organisation or individual to provide you with guidance in relation to the services that you will receive from us (“Mentor”). If a Mentor is appointed the Mentor will also process your personal data on our behalf. You may enter into an agreement directly with any such Mentor, however the provisions of this Privacy Notice will also apply to the processing of your personal data by the Mentor.
What information is collected about you and how is it collected?
We and/or any Mentor may collect data about you (including your name, address, telephone number, email address, age, gender, financial information and ethnicity):
- from you;
- from each other;
- from third parties, including our finance partners and credit reference agencies, to make a decision about the payment methods or other arrangements we offer you. Credit reference agent data may include public, electoral register, shared credit and/or fraud prevention information. The credit reference agent check will leave a footprint on your file which may be seen by other lenders.
How will your personal data be used?
We and/or any Mentor and our finance partners and other service providers, will only use your personal data to:
- obtain a credit reference;
- provide services to you, which may include a loan and/or business support and mentoring services and dealing with your enquiries and requests;
- help improve products and services, for quality control, security, internal record keeping and other business needs and/or to notify you about changes to services;
- comply with our, any Mentor’s obligations under applicable law, to exercise our, any Mentor’s legal or contractual rights and/or to respond to any disputes or legal claims or for crime prevention or the prosecution of offenders; and/or comply with auditing and/or reporting requirements.
- we and/or any Mentor, will only use information about your gender or ethnicity for the purposes of monitoring and promoting equal opportunities.
We and/or any Mentor, may disclose your personal data to each other and The Start Up Loans Company (‘SULCo’) may:
- contact you directly for the purposes of monitoring its, our or any Mentor’s performance and/or the Start-Up Loans Programme;
- use your personal data in case studies for the purposes of advertising and marketing the Start Up Loans Programme;
- disclose your personal data to its partners, and/or auditors or other advisers auditing any of its business processes;
- disclose your personal data to the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills (“BIS”) and other government departments, bodies, agencies or authorities as required to do so by BIS or other government departments, bodies, agencies or authorities;
- and disclose your personal information to third parties if it is under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation, or in order to enforce or apply these terms or its or our or any Mentor or partner’s separate terms and conditions of supply or other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of SULCo, us or any Mentor or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction or law enforcement or the administration of justice.
Where your consent has been obtained we and/or any Mentor, may use personal data, any information provided to us in relation to yourself or your business and/or any photos for marketing purposes, including on our website, social media, press releases, printed materials etc. We, may disclose your personal data to SULCo and/or SULCo’s corporate partners (a list of SULCo’s corporate partners is available at the website address: www.startuploans.co.uk/corporate-partner-list/ who may contact you by electronic means, including by email, SMS and/or voicemail, with offers about goods and/or services which they consider may be of interest to you.
We and/or any Mentor, and/or SULCo, may disclose your personal data to SULCo and/or SULCo’s corporate partners (a list of SULCo’s corporate partners is available at the website address: www.startuploans.co.uk/corporate-partner-list/ who may contact you by post or by telephone with offers about goods and/or services which they consider may be of interest to you. If you do not wish to receive such marketing materials by post or by telephone, please contact us to OPT-OUT.
How long we keep your information for
How long we and/or any Mentor, and/or SULCo, keep your information will depend on the purpose for which we and/or any Mentor, and/or SULCo, use it. We and/or any Mentor, and/or SULCo, will only retain your information for as long as is necessary for those purposes. In particular we and/or any Mentor, and/or SULCo, will keep:
- information about you that is necessary for us and/or any Mentor, and/or SULCo, to provide you with a service or product you have requested, for as long as it takes us and/or any Mentor, and/or SULCo, to provide that service or product;
- your contact details for marketing purposes and/or pass your contact details to third parties, e.g. SULCo’s corporate partners, for as long as we and/or any Mentor, and/or SULCo, have your consent to send you marketing information by electronic means or until you tell us, any Mentor or SULCo that you do not wish to receive marketing materials by post or by telephone;
- records of any agreements you enter into with us, any Mentor and/or SULCo or services, loans or products you receive (or payments you make) for up to six years. This is so that we and/or any Mentor, and/or SULCo, can respond to any complaints or disputes that arise in that period;
- and information about you if it is necessary for us and/or any Mentor, and/or SULCo, to do so to comply with the law or to protect our or another person’s interests.
Access to your information
Upon payment of a fee of £10 and by written request to The Data Protection Officer at: X-Forces (XF) CIC, Mountbarrow House, Elizabeth Street, London, SW1W 9RB, you may access details of the personal data we and/or any Mentor, hold about you.
You also have the right (without charge) to require us to correct any inaccuracies in your information and we encourage you to do so to ensure the information we and/or any Mentor, have about you is up-to-date.
Changes to this privacy notice
We reserve the right to amend or modify this privacy notice at any time, including in response to changes in applicable data protection and privacy legislation. We may will notify you of any such changes.
CREDIT & IDENTITY SEARCH PERMISSION
We, X-Forces, may undertake a search with Experian for the purposes of verifying your identity. To do so Experian may check the details you supply against any particulars on any database (public or otherwise) to which they have access. We may also use my details in the future to assist other companies for verification purposes. A record of the search will be retained.
When you apply to us to open an account, this organisation will check the following records about you and others. Those at credit reference agencies (CRAs). When CRAs receive a search from us they will place a search footprint on your credit file that may be seen by other lenders. They supply to us both public (including the electoral register) and shared credit and fraud prevention information;
Those at fraud prevention agencies (FPAs).
We will make checks such as; assessing this application for credit and verifying identities to prevent and detect crime and money laundering. We may also make periodic searches at CRAs and FPAs to manage your account with us.
If you are making a joint application or tell us that you have a spouse or financial associate, we will link your records together so you must be sure that you have their agreement to disclose information about them. CRAs also link your records together and these links will remain on your and their files until such time as you or your partner successfully files for a disassociation with the CRAs to break that link.
Information on applications will be sent to CRAs and will be recorded by them. Where you borrow from us, we will give details of your accounts and how you manage it/them to CRAs. If you borrow and do not repay in full and on time, CRAs will record the outstanding debt. This information may be supplied to other organisations by CRAs and FPAs to perform similar checks and to trace your whereabouts and recover debts that you owe. Records remain on file for 6 years after they are closed, whether settled by you or defaulted.
If you give us false or inaccurate information and we suspect or identify fraud we will record this and may also pass this information to FPAs and other organisations involved in crime and fraud prevention.
If you have borrowed from us and do not make payments that you owe us, we will trace your whereabouts and recover debts.
We and other organisations may access and use from other countries the information recorded by fraud prevention agencies.
Your data may also be used for other purposes for which you give your specific permission or, in very limited circumstances, when required by law or where permitted under the terms of the Data Protection Act 1998.
You can contact the credit reference agencies currently operating in the UK; the information they hold may not be the same so it is worth contacting them all. They will charge you a small statutory fee.
- CallCredit, Consumer Services Team, PO Box 491, Leeds, LS3 1WZ or call 0870 0601414
- Equifax, Credit File Advice Centre, PO Box 3001, Bradford, BD1 5US or call 0870 010 0583 or log on to www.myequifax.co.uk
- Experian, Consumer Help Service, PO Box 8000, Nottingham NG80 7WF or call 0844 4818000 or log on to www.experian.co.uk
We attract and enable people to realise their ambition and potential to become successful business owners by:
- Ensuring all XF candidates know where their strengths and capabilities lie;
- Turning aspiration into reality by providing hands-on support throughout the journey from launch and into business growth;
- Building a self-sustaining Service community of business owners.
- We want to encourage you to consider setting up your own business, because there are many powerful reasons for doing so.
- In doing so act as a delivery partner of Start Up Loans, who are aimed at those who are unable to gain traditional methods of finance.
- We want to encourage you to consider setting up your own business, because there are many powerful reasons for doing so.
In doing so act as a delivery partner of Start Up Loans, who are aimed at those who are unable to gain traditional methods of finance.
If you have any evidence such as a bank decline letter/email please also include this in your application.
We are looking for your confirmation that you have been unable to access finance on terms that are similar to those offered by X-Forces, via Start Up Loans.
Types of finance that would not be considered comparable are:
- A loan from an FCA regulated bank that is secured on property or other assets (excluding unsupported guarantees);
- A loan from an FCA regulated bank that requires a supported personal guarantee;
- A loan at a rate of greater than 15.5% from an FCA regulated bank (for business purposes);
- or A loan from another source that is not an FCA regulated bank.
If you have any queries then please ask your assigned Business Advisor.
Failure to repay the loan may have an adverse impact on your ability to obtain credit in the future.